Simple Query Problems...

From: joe(at)jwebmedia(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Simple Query Problems...
Date: 2000-12-12 19:25:56
Lists: pgsql-general

This sounds simple enough, but for some reason, it's stumping me. I have
a categories table that has a uid, parent_uid, and name for each record
(unless it is the parent). I also have a products table that has a
category, sub_category, sub_2_category fields, each of which contains a
uid from the categories table. I want to select everything from the
categories table that IS NOT being used in the products.category,
products.sub_category, or products.sub_2_category. It sounds simple, but
is blowing my mind. I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks!

Joe