Re: Transactions

From: Nabil Sayegh <nsmail(at)sayegh(dot)de>
To: Leandro Fanzone <leandro(at)hasar(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transactions
Date: 2000-12-05 14:34:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

Leandro Fanzone wrote:

> is executed every time. Is there any way to assure this, I mean, to
> actually write the records and to not rely on the cache to do it?

AFAIR there is an option doing exactly what you want (but i can't
remembet which:().

usage: /usr/bin/postmaster [options]
-B nbufs set number of shared buffers
-D datadir set data directory
-S silent mode (disassociate from tty)
-a system use this authentication system
-b backend use a specific backend server executable
-d [1-5] set debugging level
-i listen on TCP/IP sockets as well as Unix domain socket
-N nprocs set max number of backends (1..1024, default 32)
-n don't reinitialize shared memory after abnormal exit
-o option pass 'option' to each backend servers
-p port specify port for postmaster to listen on
-s send SIGSTOP to all backend servers if one dies

Did you try "-B 1" ?

cu
--
Nabil Sayegh