Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre

From: "Joel Burton" <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <kislo(at)athenium(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre
Date: 2000-12-01 17:53:50
Lists: pgsql-general

> > What's nice about PostgreSQL is that, while it hasn't always had
> > every SQL92 feature (like outer joins, etc.), it seems to have less
> > legacy, nonstandard stuff wired in. :-)
>
> Oh man, you have noooo idea. PostgreSQL is legacy headquarters. ;-)

Yes, yes, I know about *some* of them [8k limit springs to mind!]
(C hackers no doubt no *lots* more.) But, in terms of, "as comes
out in our SQL syntax", compared to Oracle, we're free and clear.

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton(at)scw(dot)org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)