Table whose name has Capital letters

From: Gabriel Fernandez <gabi(at)unica(dot)edu>
To: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Table whose name has Capital letters
Date: 2000-11-24 11:14:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi ,

I have created a table with the name 'Nov2000' and now it is impossible to
access it, because psql is always searching for the table 'nov2000'.

The only solution I have found is to manually modify the pg_class table and
the name of the physical file associated to the table.

Have I done something wrong or is it a bug ? I mean, it seems psql is
alwyas converting the query string to lowercase, but it doesn't when you
create a table, a index or a sequence.

I'm running 6.5.3 PostgreSQL on a Linux RedHat 6.0 machine.

Thanks,

Gabi :-)