UNION in views

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: UNION in views
Date: 2000-11-07 00:41:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I am part of the team that's porting the ArsDigita Community System
(ACS), a toolkit to create community-oriented db-backed websites, from
Oracle to PostgreSQL. We call the projet OpenACS.
We are thinking of using PG 7.1b for the port (since it'll take some
time, allowing PG 7.1 to mature), because of OUTER JOINs support and
because of a message by Tom Lane that I read a couple days ago where he
said that subselects in the from clause are now supported in the CVS
version of PG.
I was wondering if UNIONs in VIEWS will be supported too. Do you have a
time frame for the release of 7.1b? Any additional comments on 7.1
features,drawbacks, caveats, etc, are appreciated.

Thanks,

-Roberto

--
Computer Science Utah State University