is there a way to DROP foreign key constraint ?

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: is there a way to DROP foreign key constraint ?
Date: 2000-10-20 14:42:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm unable to find the complementary function to

ALTER TABLE t ADD FOREIGN KEY(id) REFERENCES pkt(pk);

I would try DROP TRIGGER, but I've also been unable to
find a way to name the constraint ;(

the built-in help is both inadequate and inconsistent
----8<---------8<---------8<-------------8<-----8<---------8<-----
amphora2=# \h alter table
Command: ALTER TABLE
Syntax:
ALTER TABLE table [ * ]
ADD [ COLUMN ] column type
ALTER TABLE table [ * ]
ALTER [ COLUMN ] column { SET DEFAULT value | DROP DEFAULT }
ALTER TABLE table [ * ]
RENAME [ COLUMN ] column TO newcolumn
ALTER TABLE table
RENAME TO newtable
ALTER TABLE table
ADD table constraint definition

amphora2=# \h create table
Command: CREATE TABLE
Syntax:
CREATE [ TEMPORARY | TEMP ] TABLE table (
column type
[ NULL | NOT NULL ] [ UNIQUE ] [ DEFAULT value ]
[column_constraint_clause | PRIMARY KEY } [ ... ] ]
[, ... ]
[, PRIMARY KEY ( column [, ...] ) ]
[, CHECK ( condition ) ]
[, table_constraint_clause ]
) [ INHERITS ( inherited_table [, ...] ) ]

amphora2=# \h column_constraint_clause
No help available for 'column_constraint_clause'.
Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
amphora2=# \h column constraint definition
No help available for 'column constraint definition'.