Re: A stupid question :)

From: Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>
To: DaVinci <bombadil(at)wanadoo(dot)es>
Cc: Lista PostgreSql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A stupid question :)
Date: 2000-10-19 22:32:01
Lists: pgsql-general

DaVinci wrote:

> Excuse my ignorance but I have browsed TODO list and haven't found
> anything...
>
> What is WAL?
>
> Greets.
>
> David

Write Ahead Logging.

i.e. Whenever you do an UPDATE to postgres it is garunteed to be in the
log, and therefore you can use the log to rebuild the database because
*everything* is in the long.

Unless you do domething like SET timefield = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP or
something.

--
Joseph Shraibman
jks(at)selectacast(dot)net