Explicitly adding a table to a schema.

From: thatsanicehatyouhave(at)mac(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Explicitly adding a table to a schema.
Date: 2011-11-04 17:57:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a database where I wasn't explicitly using schemas when I started it (i.e. everything was simply under "public"). I've since created several schemas and renamed the "public" schema to something else. When I look at the definitions (in PGAdmin III), the CREATE statement for the old tables look like this:

CREATE TABLE foo ( ...

whereas for my newer tables the full schema path is there:

CREATE TABLE myschema.bar ( ...

Is there a way that the explicit schema can be added to my older tables? The reason I want to do this is that I'm having a problem with external code (SQLAlchemy) when trying to get foreign key information through reflection-- the table doesn't seem to be found.

Does this even make sense since the tables are definitely in the new schema anyway?

Cheers,
Demitri