Re: FreeBSD Softupdates??

From: Dale Walker <dale(at)icr(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>, PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FreeBSD Softupdates??
Date: 2000-09-26 20:27:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

[snipped thread]

OK, if I'm reading it right, the general concensus seems to be - it'll
work, but there is a possibility of data loss in event of system
crash....although everything should be OK 99.9% of the time.

yep, this is about what I thought.. I wanted to get a feel for
practicality though.

Thanks for all your input guys, I'll stick to my standard filesystem for
now..

--
Dale Walker dale(at)icr(dot)com(dot)au
Independent Computer Retailers (ICR) http://www.icr.com.au