Re: Encrypting fields with a one-way hash

From: "g(dot)p(dot)ciceri" <gp(dot)ciceri(at)acm(dot)org>
To: Alexi Margo <alexi(at)wwood(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Encrypting fields with a one-way hash
Date: 2000-09-26 19:58:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I've some user-defined functions for pgSQL implementing hashing
algorithms (SHA-1, MD5) written using OpenSSL.

I never released them as contrib mainly because I've not
deeply tested them.

If you want, I can send you the sources: they compile quite clean
on my RedHat 6.1 box with PGSQL 7.0.x.

Let me know.
Regards
/gp

--
Discussion: How do you feel about Open Source firms making
millions through public offerings?

"I wish these companies were making the same millions without
distributing any non-free, user-subjugating software." --
Richard Stallman

"We're not here to let the monkey dances" --
g.p.

Gian Paolo Ciceri Via B.Diotti 45 - 20153 Milano MI ITALY
CTO @ TiALabs mobile : ++39 347 4106213
eMail : gp(dot)ciceri(at)acm(dot)org
webSite: http://www.tialabs.com