Re: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly

From: Buddy Lee Haystack <haystack(at)email(dot)rentzone(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly
Date: 2000-09-20 17:09:24
Lists: pgsql-general

I just sent this, but in reply to a thread that ended in "unexp"; consequently, it went to a different place.

Houston, we've got a problem with SMP boxes...

I commented out the first simple query that counted records in the database at script startup, and the problems disappeared. I "THINK" the threading was closing the statement handle before the results of the query were returned to the mod_perl scripts on the SMP box.

The SMP box was a bit too fast! I'd like to reiterate that I have the same, IDENTICAL software on 2 systems [every single software package & patch]. No problems on the 4.5 year old single processor Intel box I use for development. For now, I'll run the scaled down version on the production box, but this issue should be addressed. I can't be the only person with this issue.

Thanks!

--
BLH
www.RentZone.org