Re: Proposal for new PL/Perl README

From: Gilles DAROLD <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, mhh(at)mindspring(dot)com
Subject: Re: Proposal for new PL/Perl README
Date: 2000-09-20 09:49:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

> "Edward Q. Bridges" <ed(dot)bridges(at)buzznik(dot)com> writes:
> > since there is no email address for a maintainer on that, i post it here
> > for review, comment, and (hopefully) integration with the source tree.
>
> Mark Hollomon <mhh(at)mindspring(dot)com> is the originator of plperl. Please
> get together with him on documentation and code updates. We're glad to
> accept updates but it's only fair to let Mark comment first...
>
> regards, tom lane

I also proposed to removed the POLLUTE option by applying the following patch

to the plperl.c file. It compile well on Perl 5.005_03 and Perl 5.6.0.

328c328
< if (SvTRUE(GvSV(PL_errgv)))
---
> if (SvTRUE(GvSV(errgv)))
334c334
< elog(ERROR, "creation of function failed : %s",
SvPV(GvSV(PL_errgv), PL_na));
---
> elog(ERROR, "creation of function failed : %s",
SvPV(GvSV(errgv), na));
444c444
< if (SvTRUE(GvSV(PL_errgv)))
---
> if (SvTRUE(GvSV(errgv)))
450c450
< elog(ERROR, "plperl : error from function : %s",
SvPV(GvSV(PL_errgv), PL_na));
---
> elog(ERROR, "plperl : error from function : %s",
SvPV(GvSV(errgv), na));

Regard,

Gilles