Re: Cannot vacuum! Stops on first table, pg_type

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot vacuum! Stops on first table, pg_type
Date: 2000-08-29 03:22:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On 29 Aug 2000, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>
> > Hello again,
> >
> > OK, I dumped && restored (had to fix a couple of duplicates that had
> > been hidden by indices, not too bad), and updated to 6.5.3 + patches,
> > so I guess that makes me happy for now. I never did like 6.5.2
> > anyway... ;-)
>
> would highly recommend moving to v7.x ...

mmm... We are not through testing our application just yet.
There are some distinct SQL differences, like select distinct
*on*, for example. But yes, we use pg7 for all development, and
I really love it. This is a "release" machine, though, and it
isn't easily "tampered with"... need thorough tests first... :(

--
Palle