Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Amul Sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine.
Date: 2022-04-25 14:05:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hmm, so 027_stream_regress.pl is not prepared to deal with any unlogged
> tables that may be left in the regression database (which is what my
> spgist addition did). I first tried doing a TRUNCATE of the unlogged
> table, but that doesn't work either, and it turns out that the
> regression database does not have any UNLOGGED relations. Maybe that's
> something we need to cater for, eventually, but for now dropping the
> table suffices. I have pushed that.

It does seem like the onus should be on 027_stream_regress.pl to
deal with that, rather than restricting what the core tests can
leave behind.

Maybe we could have it look for unlogged tables and drop them
before making the dumps? Although I don't understand why
TRUNCATE wouldn't do the job equally well.