Input strings > 16 K?

From: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Input strings > 16 K?
Date: 2000-08-10 17:01:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I recently increased the default tuple size to 32K on Postgres 7.0.2
with no problems. My colleague, however, told me that I can't pass a
text string greater than 16 K into the PQexec C function. So his claim
is that the only way I can actually get > 16 K into the tuple is through
a binary cursor. Anyone know if this is correct? Is there some
configuration variable I can change to up this to the same size as the
maximum tuple length?

Thanks.
-Tony