Re: [SPAM] Re: Future steps and invigoration of SeaPUG

From: Robert Bernier <robert7390(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Future steps and invigoration of SeaPUG
Date: 2013-01-25 20:30:11
Lists: seapug

Hi guys,

See comments below.

Robert

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 02:55:53 PM Albin, Lloyd P wrote:
> 1. Seapug mailing list
> We don't have enough traffic/chatting on the Seapug mailing list and this makes it appear as if this is a dead pug.

Agreed, it's a habit we need to get into.

> Josh also had a good idea of putting a summary of our meetings on the list, this includes highlights of the talk, what we thought about the talk, etc.

+1 ... yes a nice little summary of the meeting.

> 2. PgDay

Let's talk about this at the next meeting. As I've commited myself to a couple of conferences both in participating and giving talks, this I think might be best addressed/organized after the Bellingham conference takes place. Something to talk about next meeting.

> 3. Interact with other user groups

Maybe we should make some commitments: as a matter of fact one of my cooworkers is the main organizer for one of the more active nosql montly meethings.

> 4. Josh speaking
>
> Josh has offered to come up on multiple occasions with very little feedback. I know that we got a little feed back on the list but not very much. Most of the people around here do not seem to want to post on the list. This is something we need to change, see some of the other points on how to get more activity on the list.
>
> 5. Possibly associate with PgUS. PhillyPUG and NYCPUG have already done this. It allows the PUG to have non-profit status, legally accept money and legally spend money.

It's all about paperwork & the ability to commit the time.

> 6. Update the website. Perhaps move to http://www.meetup.com/ or have a simpler wiki (redmine?) style interface.

Historically, the only person who's accessed the website has been Lloyd. Maybe we can look at adding a couple of other people. Is the website setup with a wiki framework?

> 7. Move the meetings

I don't have any problems with our current calendar.

> 8. Any other ideas?
In summary: a more active website and reaching out to other groups sounds viable. Personally, the big thing for me is setting up for the upcoming conference in Bellingham.

Let me talk to my contacts and I can bring it up next meeting.