Re: check constraint on multiple tables?

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: check constraint on multiple tables?
Date: 2010-03-03 15:29:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Louis-David Mitterrand
<vindex+lists-pgsql-sql(at)apartia(dot)org> wrote:

> CREATE TABLE cabin_type (

> CREATE TABLE cabin_category (

> CREATE TABLE cabin (

I'm just curious about a few things.

1) What is the difference between a cabin_type and a cabin_category.

2) Does each ship have an exclusive set of cabin_types that no other
ship can have? The table definitions imply that this is so.

I'm just guessing here since I don't really understand the
relationships involved in a ship's cabins. However, I would expect
that a cabin should be directly related to a ship. Each cabin is
defined by a category according the set in the cabin_category table.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug