Re: Mixed field in table 70.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: caetano(at)icmc(dot)usp(dot)br
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mixed field in table 70.3
Date: 2022-04-27 16:50:30
Lists: pgsql-docs

PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/storage-page-layout.html

> The 7th line states:
> pd_pagesize_version uint16 2 bytes Page size and layout version number
> information

> In fact there are two smallints, so the table should show two attributes:
> pd_pagesize uint16 2 bytes Page size
> version uint16 2 bytes Layout version number information

No, I don't think so --- this documentation matches the actual code,
in bufpage.h:

LocationIndex pd_lower; /* offset to start of free space */
LocationIndex pd_upper; /* offset to end of free space */
LocationIndex pd_special; /* offset to start of special space */
uint16 pd_pagesize_version;
TransactionId pd_prune_xid; /* oldest prunable XID, or zero if none */
ItemIdData pd_linp[FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER]; /* line pointer array */