Installing clients (psql) only

From: Rick Delaney <rick(at)consumercontact(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Installing clients (psql) only
Date: 2000-06-12 19:35:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a source distribution to install just psql? What I'm looking
for is a quick and easy way to install psql and DBD::Pg (which needs
libpq) on a bunch of different unix client machines.

I realize that all the source is there in the main postgresql
distribution but I can't make heads or tails out of what depends on
what.

What do people normally do when they don't need all of Postgres on their
client boxes?

Any suggestions appreciated,

--Rick