SQL Recursion

From: Ron Peterson <rpeterson(at)yellowbank(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL Recursion
Date: 2000-05-23 21:42:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Aha!

I have had this thing about trying to figure out how to program
trees/hierarchies/graphs in SQL for awhile now. Something I've
complained about in this list an others, including a Byte newsgroup.

Well whaddya know, but I read Jon Udell's Byte column today, and it
begins by quoting my complaint:
http://www.byte.com/column/BYT20000518S0001.

There's a great link further down in the article
(http://www.dbmsmag.com/9603d06.html) that addresses this very subject.
Check it out. There *are* solutions to this problem!!! You can bet
I'll be buying Joe Celko's book shortly.

Anyway, just wanted to share my glee.

-Ron-