Bug Report: Left arrow in Object Browser does not collapse

From: Richard Tallent <richard(at)tallent(dot)us>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug Report: Left arrow in Object Browser does not collapse
Date: 2015-11-29 03:24:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I’m new to the PostgreSql world and pgAdmin, so please go easy if I’m not reporting this in the right place.

Environment:

OS X 10.11
Mac Pro (2009)
pgAdmin 1.20.0 (Oct 6, 2015, downloaded and installed this past week)
User language English

When using the Object Browser in the main form, the right arrow key works as expected, expanding nodes, but the left arrow works the same way as the up arrow (i.e., moving back to the previous sibling or parent, not collapsing).

It’s been a bazillion years since I’ve done C++ desktop programming (I’m a web app guy), but I did check the latest mirror in GitHub and the code in question (pgadmin3/ctl/ctlTree.cpp, line 325) appears to be set up to do what I would expect. It also appears that the form is sending the key event (pgadmin/frm/events.cpp, line 146). So, I’m at a loss for what could be happening.

If there’s anything I can test, please let me know.

Thanks,

Richard Tallent