Security contacts

From: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Security contacts
Date: 2018-04-20 16:28:37
Lists: pgsql-www

Somebody on IRC had a security issue they wanted to get to somebody.

Looking around the site I didn't find any mention of security(at)postgresql(dot)org anywhere obvious. I knew what I was looking for, so found it via Support -> Bug Reporting -> bug reporting guidelines -> right down at the bottom of the manual page.

Might it be worth adding a section to /about/contact/ with either a pointer to security(at)postgresql(dot)org or to a snippet of text taken from the "5.3 Where to Report Bugs" section of the manual?

Separately, adding /security.txt and /.well-known/security.txt might be a good idea - while the RFC draft for it ( https://securitytxt.io ) isn't particularly mature, it is a place where infosec people will look. And it's basically a text file with a few urls and some human readable comments, so it's easy enough to create.

Cheers,
Steve