Almost there on column aliases

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Almost there on column aliases
Date: 2000-02-11 06:10:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've got most of the regression tests running, but one of the rules
tests has uncovered a problem in my code, at least for a query
involving a merge join.

Could someone run a "-d 99" query using the following from the
regression test (rules.sql):

select rtest_t2.a, rtest_t3.b
from rtest_t2, rtest_t3
where rtest_t2.a = rtest_t3.a;

and send me the query, the rewritten query, and the plan emitted by
the backend (it should be a MERGEJOIN plan)? It might speed up my
rummaging around for the reason for the failure :(

Another possibility is that I submit/commit my patches (there are
quite a few files touched and I *really* want to get them off of my
system and into the tree soon) but I was a bit hesitant to commit
something with a known problem of this nature.

TIA

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California