Fulltext Search Function

From: Jeremaine Johnson <JJohnson(at)vocal(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fulltext Search Function
Date: 2012-07-11 15:17:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am new to Postgres and I've been able to get the full text search working, (at least running searches in PGAdmin) my problem is, I would like to pass in a search text from my online application as an input parameter into a function in Postgres that would do a search on my table and not sure how to achieve this.

Any help would be appreciated, query below:

SELECT name, description, ts_rank_cd(textsearchable_index_col, query, 32 /* rank/(rank+1) */) AS rank

FROM companies , to_tsquery('client | (uk & vocal)') query

WHERE query @@ textsearchable_index_col

ORDER BY rank DESC

LIMIT 10;

Thank you.