Re: Extension rpath issues on MacOS

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general list <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extension rpath issues on MacOS
Date: 2022-09-16 21:20:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com> writes:
> Has anyone encountered this situation (not libjvm in particular, just an external library using @rpath) during an extension build?

Yeah ... IIRC, I've hit that from trying to use the Apple-supplied
libpython to underlie PL/Python. I've not found a workaround. I suspect
that Apple doesn't want people using these OS components from "outside",
and this is something they're intentionally doing to prevent it.

IOW: I think they want you to get that from macports or homebrew instead.
It certainly works a lot easier if you do.