Is pg_dump still broken?

From: Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is pg_dump still broken?
Date: 2000-01-18 00:17:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sunday, I downloaded the newest snapshot of pg_dump, with Tom's fixes
applied (it no longer dumps core when dumping indexes). However, pg_dump
is incorrectly dumping argument lists for trigger procedures:

test=# drop trigger mytrigger on mytable;
DROP
test=# create trigger mytrigger
before insert on mytable
for each row execute procedure autoinc ('myfield', 'myseq');
CREATE

[postgres(at)ferrari /tmp]$ pg_dump test
CREATE TRIGGER "mytrigger" BEFORE INSERT ON "mytable" FOR EACH ROW
EXECUTE PROCEDURE autoinc ('myfield', 'myfieldmyseq');

Note the second parameter to autoinc() -- it should be 'myseq', not
'myfieldmyseq'. I suspect someone isn't doing a resetPQExpBuffer()
somewhere. Can anyone confirm this?

Mike Mascari