Re: [GENERAL] Debian php3+postgresql unable to connect

From: Il Paolone <bigpaul(at)flashnet(dot)it>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Debian php3+postgresql unable to connect
Date: 2000-01-16 22:22:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Il Paolone wrote:
> > Lamar Owen wrote:
> > > Is postmaster being started with the '-i' switch??

I have found with deja, this french problem just now, I am trying, I'll
let you know.
Fait un petit tour dans le repertoire /etc/postgresql.

Tu y trouveras des fichiers de config, dont postmaster.init qui
contient une ligne pour autoriser les connexion TCP/IP
: PGALLOWTCPIP=yes Ainsi que PGPORT=5432 pour definir le port TCP.

Il y a aussi le fichier pg_hba.conf qui te permets d'autoriser les
connexions a distances.

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEES! it works, once again deja.com saved me. And you
also pushed me to look for the right solution.
Thanks a lot.

I also found this....
Check line 64 of /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postgresql-startup.

echo link it to /bin/true and run '/etc/init.d/postgresql
start'

There is a mis-matched quote mark. Change the first ` to a ' and the
postmaster
should start.

LDR - Linux Domande e Risposte: http://web.tiscalinet.it/linuxfaq
Pluto mirror: http://www.pluto.linux.it/ildp/LDR
Gaetano Paolone <bigpaul(at)flashnet(dot)it>
E non dimenticate Linuxlinks: http://jump.to/linuxlinks