[HACKERS] make JDBC postgresql.jar error

From: "Allan Huffman" <huffmana(at)ppc(dot)pims(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: [HACKERS] make JDBC postgresql.jar error
Date: 2000-01-07 16:40:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm trying to compile the src/interfaces/jdbc postgresql.jar file but I
get a syntax error (pg 6.5.2):
/bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: '(' unexpected
make: *** [all] Error 2

Funny thing is that I'm under the C shell.....using gcc, Solaris 7 on a
Sparc.

I tried to replace $( ) with ' ' per the instructions but there is some
syntax that I am not familiar with: $$($(JAVA) makeVersion). How should
this look after the replacement?

Really appreciate help. I've developed 3k SLOC under Visual Cafe
(managed to rewrite out all Symantec classes). It's running fine in the
Visual Cafe environment. Now I need to field it under the Netscape
Suitespot server.

Thanks

Allan in Belgium