Re: [SQL] plpgsql bug(?)

From: Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>
To: Kovacs Zoltan <kovacsz(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] plpgsql bug(?)
Date: 2000-01-05 15:05:31
Lists: pgsql-sql

Kovacs Zoltan wrote:

> Dear Jan,
>
> The problem occurs with "vevõ = new.az", I think the plpgsql parser
> stops processing the field name "vevõ" because "õ" (code 245)
> is not a standard ASCII character, it is from the Latin2 set.
> I tried other non-international characters like "é" (code 233)
> without success.
>
> Could you please help, where to modify the sources to make this work?
> I am using version 6.5.2.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce that behaviour here. Seems
that your version of lex(1) has another understanding of the
character class [:alnum:] than my one. I can use äöü
(a-diaeresis etc.), µ (greek my character) and ³ (3
superscripted) too.

I'm using flex-2.5.4 here. But I'm not really sure it is that
itself, maybe flex is using isalnum() from the standard C
library inside. Then it would be more tricky.

You can play around with the two character sets WS and WC
declared at the top of

src/pl/plpgsql/src/scan.l

They are slightly extended regular expressions (the class
notation inside).

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #