Re: real and effective user ids must match

From: david(dot)lao(at)sharpasia(dot)com(dot)mo
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, david(dot)lao(at)sharpasia(dot)com(dot)mo
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: real and effective user ids must match
Date: 2006-09-15 04:49:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

>Do you have sudo? If so then what does "sudo -u postgres id" show?
>If uid and euid are the same (both postgres) then you might be able
>to start the postmaster with sudo instead of su.

"sudo -u postgres id" show
uid=0(root) gid=26 euid=26(postgres) groups=26

>What do you mean by "the hacker"? Do you know or suspect that
>you've been hacked? If so then I'd recommend that you reinstall
>your system from trustworthy media, make sure you have current
>security patches, and close any configuration holes that might have
>let an intruder in.

Yes, I have been hacked, because I found a new unknown a/c in my system. and in log file get this message:
Sep 3 22:55:00 TWeb su(pam_unix)[24299]: session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Sep 3 22:55:17 TWeb su(pam_unix)[24299]: session closed for user root

David