Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1

From: Ed Loehr <ELOEHR(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Frans Van Elsacker <fve(at)atbib(dot)be>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, jbj(at)redhat(dot)com, gafton(at)redhat(dot)com, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1
Date: 1999-12-17 05:20:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Failures: float8, geometry, select implicit, select having, and select
> views. The regress.out and regression.diffs are attached. Float8 and
> geometry are normal.

More problem data...

We installed RH 6.1 fresh, then installed pgsql 6.5.2 from tar.gz. Failures on the following regression tests: float8, geometry, opr_sanity, sanity_check, random, and misc.

On a hunch from this thread, I then removed all postgresql-related RPM packages (with 'rpm -e'), rebuilt pgsql 6.5.2, and all regression tests passed (except float8 and geometry, which is normal).

I've also noticed some new (and possibly related?) RH 6.1 wierdness with a fairly mature perl module, Date::Manip-5.35, that wasn't showing up on RH 6.0. It is now failing the first time it attempts to ascertain the timezone, and then appears to succeed everytime thereafter for a given process (and TZ is clearly set in the configuration for the module as well as showing up with the
'date' command). The RPM removal above had no effect on that problem.

Cheers,
Ed Loehr