SCO Openserver & pg_hba.conf

From: Charles Alexander Randle <caspanis(at)cybervale(dot)com>
To: Mark Alliban <MarkA(at)idnltd(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: SCO Openserver & pg_hba.conf
Date: 1999-12-17 03:03:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Mark,

I saw your posting regarding the problem and if you've already obtained
a solution for this problem you can ignore this message .

There is a problem with Unix domain sockets and the pg_hba.conf file on
SCO openserver unix . The only way I've been able to access the data on
SCO is via internat domain sockets.
1)To enable access this way , you have to restart the 'postmaster'
process with the '-i' option to enable this
access method .
2) Any application which needs access to the database would need to
connect via that same method : Hence if
you are connecting with 'psql' on your machine , you would do
something like 'psql -h localhost -d
<dbname>' (I think that the -d flag is optional , you just need to
specify the database name .)
3) This applies to any application needing a connection (createdb , etc.
etc.)

Good Luck ,
Charles.