Your query ...

From: S S Mani <ssmani(at)stockholding(dot)com>
To: jt-kirkpatrick(at)mpsllc(dot)com, pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org, djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com
Subject: Your query ...
Date: 1999-11-29 09:14:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi
Maybe your query has already been solved!
If not then pl. try it here :-
The solution given by Jackson DeJuan will work if the datatypes &
parameters of both fields are the same.
If they are not then try :-

select subnum||' ' /* The no. of spaces between the single quotes
should be equal to length of col vnum */
from subs
union
select ' '||vnum /* The no. of spaces between the single
quotes should be equal to length of col subnum */
from vend