Re: XlogFlus error message

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "philip johnson" <philip(dot)johnson(at)atempo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XlogFlus error message
Date: 2005-09-14 14:29:15
Lists: pgsql-general

"philip johnson" <philip(dot)johnson(at)atempo(dot)com> writes:
> I've a problem with my postgresql database
> Version : 7.2.4

That's an awfully old version, with a lot of known problems. You should
at least be running 7.2.8, and preferably thinking about an update to a
newer release series.

> I get this king of error
> ERROR: XLogFlush: request 14D/F77EFE94 is not satisfied --- flushed only to
> 14D/F75CD1B0

Is the error reproducible after restarting the postmaster? If so it may
be something similar to what was reported here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-09/msg00056.php
but we haven't been able to track down the original cause :-(