Re: pgsql-sql-digest V1 #422

From: maxsbox <maxsbox(at)scds(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-sql-digest V1 #422
Date: 1999-11-24 18:14:11
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:09:51 +0530
> From: CHAITANYANC <CHAITANYANC(at)inf(dot)com>
> Subject: Info on SQL Parsing required
>
> Hi
> Can anybody tell me where I can find the ways of parsing an sql statement
> and making a query plan ?
> Thanks in advance
> Chaitu
>
> ------------------------------

Not that this really answers your question, but:-

Have a look at Paradox, I'm using version 8. It allows you to query either an
SQL data base or the .db and .dbf files using either an SQL or a QBE query. I
was rather surprised to find that a QBE query would work from it accessing
postgreSQL using ODBC.

Found, for a script, the SQL query had more flexibility, however, as it allows
greater use of variables in the query, particularly where you want to substitute
a variable for a file name.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Max Wood