Re: GSoC 2019

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Sumukha Pk <sumukhapk46(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GSoC 2019
Date: 2019-03-02 18:27:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello!

> 2 марта 2019 г., в 21:40, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> написал(а):
>
> Greetings,
>
> * Sumukha Pk (sumukhapk46(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
>> I am Sumukha PK a student of NITK. I am interested in the WAL-G backup tool. I haven’t been able to catch hold of anyone through the IRC channels so I need someone to point me to appropriate resources so that I can be introduced to it. I am proficient in Golang an would be interested to work on this project.
>
> Please work with Andrey on coming up with a project plan to be submitted
> formally through the GSoC website.

Thanks, Stephen!

Sumukha Pk, that's great that you have subscribed to pgsql-hackers and joined PostgreSQL development list, here's a lot of useful information.
In GSOC, WAL-G is under PostgreSQL umbrella project. But usually we are not using this list for WAL-G related discussions.
We have a WAL-G Slack channel https://postgresteam.slack.com/messages/CA25P48P2 . To get there you can use this invite app https://postgres-slack.herokuapp.com/
There you can ask whatever you want to know about WAL-G or your GSOC proposal.

Thanks for your interest in our project!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.