unknown error

From: Dirk Drechsel <drechsel(at)glamus(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: unknown error
Date: 1999-10-20 10:10:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I had to install pgsql 6.3.2. because of compatibility reasons.
The compiling part finishes without any problems and the html-access to
the
database works, too.
The problem is - I cannot start the frontend psql and have following
error messages:
Connection to database 'postgres' failed.
Unsupported frontend protocol.

I've never come across any of these messages before. Does anyone know
what
they mean? I have tried to compile pgsql with other templates, but no
success...:(

I'd be grateful for any help...

Regards
Dirk Drechsel