Increasing BLCKSZ in include/config.h

From: Moinak Ghosh <moinakg(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Increasing BLCKSZ in include/config.h
Date: 1999-10-12 17:58:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I wish to install PostgreSQL 6.5.2 in a Solaris 2.5.1 system.
However the default block size of 8k limits the max row size to
somewhat less than 8k which is too low for me. I want to increase
the BLCKSZ parameter in "src/include/config.h" to 16384. However
I am also concerned whether this will have any adverse effect.
Can any of you please enlighten me about the effects of increasing
the BLCKSZ parameter.

Regards,
Moinak.