MATLAB mex file for PostgreSQL

From: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: MATLAB mex file for PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-10-04 18:59:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've written a little C mex file for MATLAB to interface to the my
PostgreSQL database. Currently, I have a compiled version for SGI IRIX
6.5.4, but I think this should be simple enough to port to any machine.

Currently, the mex file just brings data back as ASCII. I hope to
eventually add some ability for binary cursors and possibly even
lower-level functions like PQexec and PQntuples. But considering my list
of things to do that may take a while.

I've tried to compile it for Linux, however MATLAB was compiled on Linux
4.2 and so the mex compiler won't work properly under my RH 6.0. There
is a workaround by getting the version 5.0 C libraries for Linux and
compiling it with them. However, I am hoping that the Mathworks will
eventually compile the program on 6.0 so that I don't have to do the
workaround.

I hope people get some use out of it. Let me know if you find ways to
improve it. I think it would be a nice little interface to add to the
PostgreSQL distribution someday.

-Tony

Attachment Content-Type Size
mat_psql.c text/plain 3.6 KB