Compiling and Installing PGsql

From: Dirk Drechsel <drechsel(at)glamus(dot)de>
To: postgres <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Compiling and Installing PGsql
Date: 1999-10-01 08:29:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I am having some trouble compiling and installing pgsql .

At the moment I'm using version 6.5. 2 , but I tried version 6.5. 1, as
well .
I have a SuSE 6.1 linux box with kernel 2.2.5 and a Pentium Celeron
processor. For a month now,
when trying to compile one of these versions, the system doesn't compile
and install the
template data base ( linux_ppc or linux_i386).
Does anybody know a solution to this problem ?
I haven't tried to compile and install pgsql in earlier versions!

Couldn't find anythingin the install documentation either.

Regards and many thanks in advance
Dirk Drechsel
WebMaster
Glamus GmbH