Re: [HACKERS] ISO dates with European Format

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Theo Kramer <theo(at)flame(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ISO dates with European Format
Date: 1999-09-14 13:40:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have the requirement for ISO dates with European format and would
> like to change backend/utils/adt/dt.c:EncodeDateTime() and EncodeDateOnly()
> to effect this if this is a general requirement.

What is "ISO dates with European format"? Is it a combination of ISO
date output with European-style input (which I think can be done
already), or something else? afaik ISO-8601 is specific about
suggested formats, and makes no distinction between European and other
conventions. Can you give examples? TIA

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California