Re: postgres on RedHat5.2 errors

From: James Birchfield <jsetitracker(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres on RedHat5.2 errors
Date: 1999-09-11 12:54:48
Lists: pgsql-general

I had the problem as well. After some digging, I discovered the
solution.
I built postgre by hand and installed with no problems. Then I got the
same errors. It turns out that postgre was already on my system, and
the executables for initdb and postmaster were located in /usr/bin.
That was in my path before /usr/local/pgsql/bin. So there was a version
conflict. I quickly adjusted my path to loon in pgsql first, and all is
well. A more permanant fix would be to link in the pgsql executables to
/usr/bin, but that is next.

Jim

Donzaemon wrote:

> I recently installed postgres 6.5 on RedHat Linux 5.2 and the installation
> seemed to
> go smoothly. When I got to the part where it said to use the initdb command
> it ended with the error
>
> ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
> ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
> syntax error 1 : parse error[postgres(at)ns1 pgsql]$
>
> I cannot continue beyond that point because it stops and doesn't make the
> pg_database
>
> I anyone knows what I can do to continue I would appreciate the advice...
>
> Thanks,
>
> don(at)tsutsuji(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size
jsetitracker.vcf text/x-vcard 217 bytes