Question on arrays

From: Steve Wolfe <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question on arrays
Date: 1999-09-03 16:37:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Please forgive the question on such simple subjects...

The original idea I had was to make an array of text fields to store
some data, but evidently text and varchar don't work in arrays. I've
tried char(1024)[] to no avail, about the only thing I can I can get to
work it char16[] - but 16 characters just doesn't cut it. : ) The
documentation on arrays was very limited (shoot, I couldn't even find
char16 in the documentation), and tryiong to search usenet didn't turn
much up. Any pointers to where I can find more information?

steve