Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

From: Rui DeSousa <rui(dot)desousa(at)icloud(dot)com>
To: scott ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
Cc: Nagy László Zsolt <gandalf(at)shopzeus(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Date: 2018-02-28 18:15:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Sure it does… what happens if the archive server gets full? There is a situation that can fool rsync into thinking it was successfully transferred as rsync only relies on filesystem metadata to verify the file is different. The “-c” option will validate the file using a checksum and not just rely on just filesystem metadata.

Trust me on this one; I’ve seen this happen.