Re: [SQL] is this possible, maybe a todo ? function related

From: Clayton Cottingham <drfrog(at)smartt(dot)com>
To: Zalman Stern <zalman(at)netcom(dot)com>
Cc: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)altoplanos(dot)net>, pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] is this possible, maybe a todo ? function related
Date: 1999-08-21 05:10:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

Zalman Stern wrote:

> I thought someone was already working on making a Perl available as a
> language within Postgres. If not, I'm willing to give it a shot.
>
> -Z-
>
> ************

the way i look at it the function is likened to the
apache's modules

its what make postgresql great!
the ability to add modules/functions to a db!
used with an sql trigger this is dangerous!
in the screaming power sense!

Z,

send me anything you got to test!
im gonna be installing linux stampede sometime this weekend
{they have postgres in autobuild yah know!}

as soon as that happens ill be ready to freak out any patches you send
my way!

ttfn