Aborted Transaction During Vacuum

From: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Aborted Transaction During Vacuum
Date: 1999-08-12 23:33:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've been getting a strange error from the vacuum command. When I try
'vacuum verbose analyze' the vacuum goes through the tables fine until
just after finishing one particular table. Then I get the error:

NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
before or while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible. Terminating.

When I try to vacuum the tables individually, I get no problems with
aborted backends.

Does anyone know what is going on here?

-Tony

PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on RH Linux 6.0, PII/400 MHz, 512 Meg RAM, 18 Gig HD