datetime sample code?

From: Ramanika <ramanika(at)flashmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: datetime sample code?
Date: 1999-08-04 01:36:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am looking for sample datetime functions but could not find them in
the manuals.
I want to get the current datetime from the system and insert into a
table.

I want to select out parts of datetime like hours only or time only or
date only. I know this must be possible I just need some examples.

thanks

ramanika