Re: [HACKERS] Fwd: Joins and links

From: Leon <leon(at)udmnet(dot)ru>
To: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Fwd: Joins and links
Date: 1999-07-07 06:03:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hannu Krosing wrote:

> Another thing that has remained unclear to me is the way to actually
> insert or update the links - you can't just put another record there,
> so that should be some kind of field (tid,oid,...) or some function
> like last_touched('other_table_name').
>
> So, what have you thought to put there ?

Earlier I proposed that links should be of type similar to tid,
so inserts should be fed with values of tid. But this requires
intermediate step, so there can be a function which takes primary
key and returns tid, or as you say a function
last_touched('other_table_name') - this seems the best choice.

--
Leon.