pygres/python installation

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pygres/python installation
Date: 1999-06-20 04:34:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm trying to do some Linux rpms for the v6.5 release, and want to
include more interfaces than RH has done in the past. The pygres
installation instructions make no sense to me. There is a mention of a
"make redhat", but no Makefile, and a mention of "building python",
which is already on my system. Can anyone lead me through what
*really* needs to be done? I'm guessing that README.linux is out of
date, but don't know enough to be sure...

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California