Re: [HACKERS] 6.6 items

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 6.6 items
Date: 1999-06-07 07:40:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have updated the TODO list, rearranging it. Here is the top of the
> "Enhancements" list:
>
> * Add referential integrity
> * Add OUTER joins, left and right(Thomas)
> * Allow long tuples by chaining or auto-storing outside db (chaining,large objs)
> * Fix memory leak for expressions?, aggregates?

How hard would it bet to separate PREPARE and EXECUTE for queries
and provide some way to pass arguments without converting them to some
ascii representation first?

The main use I need it for is storing small images in ordinary table
fields.

The mechanics should already be there as SPI uses it.

Hannu